How to quote my surgery?
Request your Surgery on our wesite, and you will receive an email confirmation from us with some simple steps for personal data authorization.
Just send us your photos. These are indispensable to send you all the detailed information of the surgery according to your case, for example, necessary time of recovery and the complete costs of your surgery and trip. Check out the Photo Guide.
Dr. Clemencia Duque Vera, has trusted alliances to host her international patients, who are responsible for providing services such as:
- Airport pick up and drop off.
- Complete meals provided during your stay, which includes, half and half mornings. The meals will always be personalized according to the requirements of each patient.
- 24 hours attention, accompaniment in medical appointments and 24 hour nursing, if required.
- Transportation for your surgery.
- Single or double rooms available.
- Internet, WIFI, local calls service and TV cable.
- Laundry service.
- 24 hour security.
- Supplements of the post-operative for 7 days.
We offer additional services such as: post-surgical massages, private transport for tourism, laboratory tests.
Your trip, safe and easy
Upon your arrival at the airport, our personalized driver will be waiting for you to take you to your selected lodging.
Once you have settled in Medellín, we will carry out laboratory tests for your safety, as for the trip and change of country, your blood results may vary. These will be taken from the comfort of your lodging.
We will then accompany you to your appointment with Dr. Clemencia Duque Vera and then to your appointment with the anesthesiologist for a final professional control evaluation before your surgery.
For your comfort and resolution of questions, our commercial director, Carolina Arbeláez specializes in the care of our patients, by phone or by email, she will guide and advise you during the entire process of travel, stay, surgery and your return back home.
It is of special importance to plan your arrival in advance, so that your surgery can be performed correctly and without any issues:
- Patients coming from an American country must arrive at least 2 days before surgery.
- Patients coming from other continents must arrive at least 5 days before surgery.
Recommendations for the day of your surgery
On the day of your surgery, consider wearing comfortable clothes, preferably with an easy-to-open shirt, and also wear sweaters or hot socks as the surgery rooms can be cold. Do not go with accessories or makeup or painted nails.
You must arrive at the clinic at least 1 hour in advance, since you must do the following previous procedures, such as: check in registration, preparation of a general medical history and the change of clothes.
If your surgery is under general anesthesia, you must have at least 6 hours of complete fasting. In most of the surgical procedures practiced by Dr. Clemencia, you can return the same day to your lodging and there will be no need to spend the night in the clinic.
You should always go with someone accopanaying you and this will be mandatory when your procedure is under general anesthesia.
At the clinic, a team of nurses and medical assistants will be waiting for you, they will be the link between you and your family, and their function is to assist and help you at all times.
Medellín, a Colombia capital city of Antioquia, has the most modern transportation systems in the country such as the Metro, Metro Cable and Tramway, as well as being the city with the highest public investment for the well-being of its inhabitants. This development has placed Medellín in one of the first tourist cities in Colombia to meet and enjoy in tranquility, and an opportunity to show the world all its attractive nightlife, as well as cultural, historical, musical and gastronomic which it has to offer.
In 2013 Medellin was honored as the Most Innovative City in the World – a title awarded by the Wall Street Journal sponsored by Citigroup and supported by the Urban Land Institute (ULI), above New York and Tel Aviv.
Famous for its pleasant, hardworking and cheerful people, and for its spectacular landscapes that are formed by the immense mountains that surround it, which gives the city spectacular tourist sites and a natural landscapes to know.
Located in the city of Rionegro (Antioquia), about 45 kilometers from the city of Medellín, approximately 1 hour of ride by car. Its name is Aeropuerto José María Córdoba and, in terms of infrastructure, passenger and freight flow, is the second most important of the country, after the El Dorado International Airport of the city of Bogotá.
Currency and money exchange:
It’s the Colombian peso. At José María Córdoba Airport you will find recommended exchange houses to make your personal currency changes. Close to your lodging, the assistants will help you make the currency changes in an easy, safe and reliable way.
Medellín is called the city of Eternal Spring thanks to its pleasant climate which is maintained throughout the year, therefore any time of the year is perfect to visit. Generally, its temperature varies from 21 ° C to 28 ° C and is located about 1,495 meters above sea level. Due to its tropical condition, you can have unexpected rainfall, so it is recommended to bring always with you an umbrella.
Rionegro (Antioquia) is located at about 2,130 meters above sea level, with an average temperature of 17 ° C.
Why choose Dra. Clemencia Duque Vera?
- Dr. Clemencia Duque has more than 25 years of experience performing procedures in all areas of her specialty, such as in the aesthetic area, all procedures of face and body contour, in the reconstructive area, skin cancer surgeries and reconstruction from breast cancer. In the maxillofacial area, reconstructive surgeries for face trauma, burns and scars on face and body, and for the hand, all surgeries for trauma and injuries in these extremities.
- The Las Américas Clinic, which is recognized nationally and internationally for its facilities capable of providing services of medium and high complexity, is where Dr. Clemencia Duque chooses to operate her patients.
- She counts with her own professional team specialized in the attention to the patient, guiding him or her in all the process from the before and after surgery.
- Countless satisfied patients.
Recommendations for the day of your surgery
On the day of your surgery, consider wearing comfortable clothes, preferably with an easy-to-open shirt, and wear sweaters or hot socks as the surgery rooms tend to be quite cold. Your nails need to be unpainted and do not go with any type of accessories or makeup. You must arrive at the clinic at least 1 hour in advance, since you must perform some simple previous procedures such as: check in registration, preparation of a general medical history and the change of your clothes. If your surgery is under general anesthesia, you must have at least 6 hours of complete fasting. In most of the surgical procedures practiced by Dr. Clemencia, you can return the same day to your home/lodging and there will be no need to spend the night in the clinic. You should always go with company and this will be mandatory when your procedure is under general anesthesia. At the clinic, a team of nurses, nursing assistants and medical assistants will be waiting for you, they will be the link between you and your family, and their function is to assist and help you always.